Visitor Services Associate (PT)
JOB TITLE: Visitor Services Associate
DEPARTMENT: Visitor Services
REPORTS TO: Director of Visitor Services
JOB SUMMARY: The New-York Historical Society is seeking part-time Visitor Services Associates for its Visitor Services department. Visitor Services Associates staff the Society’s admissions and membership desk, coat check, auditorium, switchboard and call center in addition to other related tasks. Candidates must be available to work Sundays and Holidays.
EDUCATION: High School diploma or GED required. Associates or Bachelors degree in a related field is preferred.
The pay rate for this position is $15/hour.
- 1 year customer service/cashier experience, preferably in a museum/arts setting
- Computer skills
- Friendly, outgoing personality
- High level of verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact with customers, coworkers and vendors with an outgoing positive attitude
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Selling museum admissions and memberships
- Accurate maintenance of cash drawer during their shift
- Attending and operating the coat room
- Processing guests who have meetings with Historical Society staff
- Answering the Society’s main switchboard phone and accurately transferring calls
- Distributing assistive listening devices other exhibition aids related to ADA accessibility
- Stocking and maintaining the staff coffee machine
Additional duties as requested.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee with or without accommodation, to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee may be required to stand or sit for extended periods of time and lift objects over their head.
For consideration please send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com Please reference the job title in the subject line.
The New-York Historical Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer