Andrew W. Mellon Foundation Fellowships
The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation Fellowship will be awarded to a candidate who has earned their PhD in between 2013 and 2015. Research projects should be based in some way on the collections and resources of the N-YHS. This ten-month residency will carry a stipend of $60,000, plus benefits. The fellowship will begin September 5, 2018 and will last through June 29, 2019. Application requirements include:
- A two- to three-page proposal describing the theme of the research project and the New-York Historical Society resources critical to the project
- A curriculum vitae
- A short writing sample of no more than 3,000 words or ten pages
- Three letters of recommendation
COMPLETED APPLICATIONS WITH ALL OF THE ABOVE ELEMENTS MUST BE SUBMITTED:
- No later than 11:59 pm on January 15, 2018
- Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
- To apply, click here.