A/V Exhibition Coordinator (PT)
JOB TITLE: A/V Exhibition Coordinator – Part Time
DEPARTMENT: Exhibition Department
REPORTS TO: Director of Exhibitions
JOB SUMMARY: Working with the design office and exhibition curators, the A/V Exhibition Coordinator helps to conceive, develop and implement audio/visual pieces for history and art exhibitions. This position develops production schedules, identifies and contacts vendors, writes RFP’s for bids, ensures stakeholders and vendor deliverables stay on schedule and monitors media or interactive production. S/he also coordinates with the A/V department to relay hardware needs, reserves existing resources or assists with new equipment purchases. The Coordinator will provide some minor production services for simpler media pieces and will work with A/V integrators and outside vendors to ensure proper installation and functioning of hardware and software in the exhibition galleries.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience working in a museum and/or media production facility.
- Ability to communicate with internal and external stakeholders and produce deliverables in a timely manner.
- Project management and excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Familiarity with any of the following a plus: Final Cut Pro editing, Animation software, audio editing, proprietary media control software (C-Nario, Watchout, Brightsign etc.)
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Collaborate with curatorial and exhibition design staff, facilitate media integration and audio visuals productions for exhibitions.
- Catalog and archive all media previously used in N-YHS exhibitions.
- Create operation and maintenance manuals/schedules for each exhibition to be used by design and development teams. Communicate A/V hardware needs to A/V department.
- Additional duties as requested.
- Supervise subcontractors and vendors hired by N-YHS to create and/or integrate media.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee with or without accommodation, to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Some basic A/V installation skills a plus and some lifting up to 30 lbs.
For consideration please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please reference the job title in the subject line.
Internal Candidates should contact a member of the Human Resource department directly.
The New-York Historical Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer