Barbara K. Lipman Children’s History Library
Hunt for more stories, museum objects and maps in the Barbara K. Lipman Children's History Library. Families and schools extend the DiMenna Children’s History Museum experience in this library filled with hidden treasures, old favorites, and new friends.
The Barbara K. Lipman Library includes:
- Historical fiction, non-fiction, and picture books focusing on New York and the United States
- Picture books exploring New York City’s culture, geography, architecture, and people
- Comfortable seating to rest and read
- History Hunt drawers
- Amazing Atlas maps and diorama
Family Programs take place throughout the week in the Barbara K. Lipman Library. Join us for the following programs, which are free with museum admission.
- Sunday Story Time; weekly, 11:30 am
- Little New-Yorkers; weekly on Tuesdays and Fridays, 3:30 pm
- Reading into History Family Book Club; monthly on select Sundays, 2 pm