Discover dynamic education programs and curriculum resources about the history of our city, state, and nation.
1st Grade: How have families and communities changed over time?
Students study how daily life for families and communities has evolved by looking at objects and images from the 1700s to the present day.
- Lesson 1: Learning History with Objects
- Lesson 2: Learning History with Images
- Lesson 3: 18th Century Families
- Lesson 4: 18th Century Communities
- Lesson 5: 19th Century Families
- Lesson 6: 19th Century Communities
- Lesson 7: 20th Century Families
- Lesson 8: 20th Century Communities
- Lesson 9: Culmination – Change Over Time
The Art and Whimsy of Mo Willems
We are delighted to offer a one-off program that brings Mo Willems’ creative genius straight to your classroom! Our innovative and hands-on program will take your students’ love of all-things-Mo to the next level by teaching them how the simplest shapes and lines can convey robust characters, emotive stories, and much more!