Discover dynamic education programs and curriculum resources about the history of our city, state, and nation.
2nd Grade: How did geography shape our city?
Students learn to analyze maps, artifacts, and images for clues about how New York became the city it is today.
- Lesson 1: Learning History with Objects
- Lesson 2: Learning History with Images
- Lesson 3: Learning to Read a Map
- Lesson 4: Learning History with Maps
- Lesson 5: Rural or Urban
- Lesson 6: Mannahatta
- Lesson 7: Colonial New York
- Lesson 8: Immigrant City
- Lesson 9: Culmination—New York’s Changing Geography
The Art and Whimsy of Mo Willems
We are delighted to offer a one-off program that brings Mo Willems’ creative genius straight to your classroom! Our innovative and hands-on program will take your students’ love of all-things-Mo to the next level by teaching them how the simplest shapes and lines can convey robust characters, emotive stories, and much more!