Discover dynamic education programs and curriculum resources about the history of our city, state, and nation.
Third Grade: How do historians learn about the past?
In this skills-building series, students will learn how to read various primary sources for clues, then practice their newfound analytical skills with examples from American history, including the 1939 World’s Fair.
- Session 1: Objects Tell Stories
- Session 2: Urban Archaeology
- Session 3: Learning History with Images
- Session 4: Learning to Read Images
- Session 5: Learning to Read a Map
- Session 6: Learning History with Maps
- Session 7: Learning to Read a Document
- Session 8: Learning History with Documents
- Session 9: Culmination—Being a Historian