Discover dynamic education programs and curriculum resources about the history of our city, state, and nation.
TECH SCHOLARS PROGRAM
High school girls (grades 9-12) will have the unique opportunity to explore the digital humanities at New-York Historical Society. Participants will have behind-the-scenes access to our Center for Women’s History where they will meet with curators and graduate fellows as well as conduct research on the historical figures and events that continue to impact young women today. Participants will then share their scholarship through dynamic digital projects by learning basic html and CSS code to create retro websites to be hosted by New-York Historical Society.
Upcoming Program Dates:
- Midwinter Break Tech Scholars: February 18th – February 22nd 2019, 10am – 3pm
- Spring Break Tech Scholars: April 22nd – April 26th 2019, 10am – 3pm
Applications now open.
- All application forms must be completed by the applicant and submissions will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We will stop accepting applications once each program is filled.
The Tech Scholars programs are open to young women in high school.
- The application form for the Midwinter Break program may be found here
- The application form for the Spring Break program may be found here
- Applicants must provide a valid photo ID (school ID, state ID, passport, IDNYC, etc.).
- Participation is $300 with Family Membership to N-YHS or $350 per student for non-Members.
- Full and partial scholarship opportunities are available to applicants who have qualified for free or reduced lunch in the past.
Questions? Contact email@example.com or 212-873-3400 Ext 356.
Tech Scholars is proudly sponsored by: